Lahore (92 News) – Due to continuous rains in various cities of the country on Saturday, water has accumulated in the low-lying areas.
However, light rain in many cities cheered the atmosphere.
Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department informed that monsoon flow is likely to intensify in the country from August 10 (Wednesday).
Under the influence of this weather system:
Kashmir, Islamabad, Northeast Punjab, Upper Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, East Balochistan and Southeast Sindh are likely to witness rain-wind/thunderstorm during August 06 to 09.
Rain-Wind/Thundershowers (with scattered heavy rains) are expected over parts of Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan, Islamabad, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Balochistan during August 10 to 13.
- Heavy rains may cause urban flooding in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Peshawar, Nowshera, Mardan, Faisalabad, Lahore and Gujranwala during 08 and 10 to 12 August.
- Flash floods are expected in Islamabad/Rawalpindi, Shakargarh, Sialkot, Narowal, Abbottabad, Mansehra, Dir, Karak, Lakki Marwat, Bannu and local drains in Kashmir during 08 and 10 to 12 August.
- Heavy rains during August 11 to 13 may cause urban flooding in Karachi, Thatta, Badin, Hyderabad, Dadu, Jamshoro, Sukkur, Larkana, Shaheed Benazirabad and Mirpurkhas.
- Fort Saifullah, Loralai, Barkhan, Kohlu, Mosa Khel, Sherani, Sibbi, Bolan, Kalat, Khuzdar, Lasbela, Awaran, Turbat, Panjgur, Pasni, Jiwani, Ormara, Gwadar and hilly areas of Dera Ghazi Khan are likely to experience flash floods. . Estimated period.
- The catchment areas of Ravi, Jhelum and Chenab are likely to receive heavy rains which may increase the water level significantly during the forecast period.
- Landslides may occur in Kashmir, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Galiat, Muri, Chillas, Diameer, Gilgit, Hunza, Astor, Ghizer and Skardu during the forecast period.
- Travelers and tourists are advised to be extra cautious during the forecast period.